The MIRA North America Chapter
03 December 2014
On 25/26 November 2014, MIRA information sessions were held in Vancouver and Toronto, more than 150 persons (in total) attended the sessions and the concept of a MIRA North America Chapter was welcomed.
It was agreed that MIRA North America will reconvene in the new year with the following activities:
- Encourage a broader membership base
- Identify the leadership structure and volunteers to administer activities
- Structure the working groups along with milestone dates for input
- Discuss other initiatives to be considered and mobilize on initiatives determined by the Board
- Consider other centres of influence within North America
- Establish future meeting dates in 2015
Thank you very much to all of those that attended the sessions, for the questions and that showed interest in volunteering.
We wish to express our appreciation to Vale and Teck for their hospitality.
For further information concerning these sessions, please check our 'Members Only Section' for copies of the meeting's slides.
Back to news